Thursday, March 15, 2012

Learning something new ...

My friends have been helping me post things on my blogs but I am trying to learn how to do it myself.  I think playing the piano maybe easier ...  So please bear with me as I pick up a new skill and try to become a "blogger".

 In addition to a pre-gala private recital, for the main gala, I performed the 18th Variation from Rachmaninoff's Rhapsody on a Theme of Paganini - otherwise known as the theme song in the movie "Somewhere in Time".  I decided on the repertoire prior to knowing who else would be at the Gala.  And guess what?  Ms. Jane Seymour was the honoree for the evening!  What a coincidence! 

I will be posting some more pictures from the Gala in the next few days.  Hope you will enjoy seeing them.  I will be back to LA to perform the entire Rachmaninoff piece with the Pasadena Symphony (the second oldest orchestra in the US) .  Hope to see  you there!